Friday, March 25, 2011

FOCUS

I finally finished the publication of myself! This was my assignment in Bob's class that has taken a little more than half the semester to complete. Technically I am not finished since this book includes my portfolio and my portfolio is ever expanding and improving. However for now it is finished until I want to swap out old work for new stuff. The point of this assignment was for us as students to figure out what makes us unique and design a catalogue carrying that theme throughout it.

I found out a lot about myself doing this assignment. I determined what makes me unique and created something I can give to a perspective employer as a leave behind after an interview. I really think this project was beneficial for future reference. It's a great piece to add to my portfolio along with something cool to give to a employer for them to remember me. Who knows it might just be the thing that gets me the graphic design job I dream of!

Well here's what I finalized about myself. It's kind of a lot to read but by writing my mission statement and positioning where I stand in the design world I think I have taken a huge leap into my career:

My mission as a graphic designer is to visually solve problems that are proposed to me with an original, fresh and unique perspective. I aspire to be known for my creativity and passion for graphic design. I will accomplish this by learning and becoming an expert in the necessary software programs used in graphic design, and by staying current in these programs. I will dedicate myself to improving my own style and technique by working on new projects and learning from other experts in my field.

I am unique because I have learned through my own experience to be disciplined and focused in order to reach goals that I set. I reach my goals by following a specific trajectory and staying with it until I complete the task. I have learned to never give up. I have my own way of looking at things from a design perspective. I am an artist at heart, but my passion is graphic design. Therefore, I am determined to merge the two and bring an artistic quality to my graphic work. I have the dedication needed to research and gather core information, and interpret it with a logical, yet artistic approach, resulting in a pleasing and effective design. My goal is to be perceived as a positive, hard-working, honest, and genuine person, who gets things done efficiently and professionally to the satisfaction of the client.


Here's the first 12 pages of my publication along with the front and back covers. (The rest of the book is my portfolio.)























No comments:

Post a Comment